Monday, September 21, 2009

YW Lesson #27 lm1 Scripture Study

I had this cute handout attached to a cellophane bag filled with Almond "joys". But forgot to take a picture.

I also found this AWESOME spiritual Directory Assistance card online (on sugardoodle by Tresa Edmunds 2006)




I think this was the girls favorite thing. They asked to get extra's for their friends.

I also made each girl a bookmark that had the same "take the Time" quote as the treat handout.

I was pretty nervous for my first lesson but the girls were great and I think I will love this new calling!

10 comments:

Andrea said...

I tried finding that directory but I counldn't find it. do you still have the link? Or do you have the file? Thanks!

J-ME said...

Andrea,
I found this on Sugar doodle but it's not on there anymore. Here is the site I think it came from.
http://beginningsnew.blogspot.com/2008/08/spiritual-directory-assistance.html
hope this helps!

Sarah said...

Thanks for this info. I am newly called in YW too and glad to know I am not the only one who gets nervous when first starting to teach. I am hoping this will improve and I know with time I will get more confident

Annette said...

The link took me right too it on the blog. I sized it down a little and then copies your handout on one side and the directory on the other side so that I could laminate these to put in their scriptures. I thought the two together was great! Thanks for all your work

Unknown said...

What book is this from? It's not the Bible.

J-ME said...

Some are from the book of mormon

Unknown said...

I love this!! It is so resourceful. It is a wonderful place to start to develop the love for scriptures!

Katie P said...

What book is D&C?

J-ME said...

It is in a book called doctrine and covenants in the book of mormon

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

Printing this, thank you!!! Also pinned for my friends;)