Sunday, December 13, 2009

YW lesson #46 lm1 The purpose and Value of Education

"Some are inclined toward formal university training, and some are inclined more toward the practical vocational training. We feel that our people should receive that kind of training which is most consistent with their interests and talents. Whether it be in the professions, the arts, or the vocations; whether it be university or vocational training, we applaud and encourage it" (Spencer W. Kimball, in Conference Report, Oct. 1977, pp. 4-5; or Ensign, Nov. 1977, p.4)
they have these clipboards at the dollar store and Walmart. I mod podged cute scrapbook paper (with each girls favorite color) and tied a pencil with matching ribbon.

We talked about the importance of education in 3 areas of our lives: Church, School, & Home. We made it a class goal for the upcoming year that Every month we will set goals in each of the 3 areas we discussed. Each month we will follow-up with each other and I will print off the next month's calendar to put on their clipboard.
Examples they gave were:
School- To study for tests all week instead of the night before.
Home- Have their moms teach them how to make their favorite dinner, etc...
Church- to memorize scripture mastery's.
For a treat I brought sliced up apples with cinnamon.

3 comments:

Anne Bowen said...

Jackie got me hooked on your blog! I'm the Laurel leader in our ward and I love your wonderful ideas. I'm going to attempt the clipboards for an upcoming combined YW lesson in February. Do you have any suggestions? I'm worried about bubbles showing up after I'm done. (And tell your wonderful mom hi for me, cute girl!) xoxox

J-ME said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J-ME said...

Anne! I was so excited to hear from you! You are the cutest lady ever! You should be the one teaching me the tricks you & your girls are the craftiest, cutest gals I know.
I find I get less bubbles if i put a thin coat of modpodge on the paper and not the object I'm adhearing it to. adhear it to the clipboard. Then let it dry and do a thin coat over top to seal it, let it dry and do another thin coat. If you do have bubbles let it sit over night because a lot of times the will go down? I could email you if that is easier
jkarren4u@yahoo.com