Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lesson #9 A young woman as a peacmaker in her home

I first had the girls make a list of things that had made them angry in the week. Then a list of things that made them happy.
I used a lot of President Monsons talk on Finding Peace SEE HERE

I liked this quote:

We then talked about ways to feel peace. I used the 3 things President Monson suggested in his talk.
Search Inward, Reach outward, and Look heavenward. We discussed ways we could do each of those things.

I then talked about why the dove is a symbol of peace (Noah's arc).
I made these little door hangers for the girls to be reminded to be Peacemakers in their homes.

I ordered this but I didn't get it in time to stamp my own. But I found these cute little charms at Michaels. It came in a pack of 5 and the birds were all different. It was more than I usually like to spend for my lessons but still only cost me about $0.45 each. the girls loved them.


1 comment:

jane said...

Love the dove ideas!!!!

Jane