Sunday, August 7, 2011

Lemonade Stand

My cute little 5 year old has been begging me all summer to have a lemonade stand. So That's what we FINALLY did this weekend.
I had this old butcher block table thing in my garage. I've been meaning to take it to DI but now I'm glad I didn't. I think I got it at home depot like 7 years ago. ( i added the bead board in the front) I thought it would be PERFECT for alittle lemonade stand
The front has 2 drawers that are perfect for holding straws, napkins, etc...
The back is open with some little shelves. Perfect for holding the cups, the money treasure chest, and our music :)
With screws we attached (2) 1x4'' boards to the back of the table & one across the top. Then I just painted the boards black with paint from walmart.
my dad and hubby cut and then screwed these little triangles to help stabilize the boards.
I was going to paint yellow and white stripes. But jane had the genius idea of using colored duck tape. It was so much faster!! I used Yellow acrylic paint for the Lemonade 25 cents sign. 

2 comments:

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

This is so great! I love that you used duct tape! I would love it if you linked up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/08/tuesday-confessional-link-party-and.html
I hope to see you soon!
~Macy

Jennifer said...

How wide is the cart? How tall?